Meaty game fish are perfect for marinating in citrus, salt, pepper and olive oil then barbecuing.
- Whole portion sized fish such as Snappers, Sea Bass are also great, as are whole King Prawns and Lobsters.
- The coals need to be glowing red under a layer of ash otherwise the fish will cook too quickly
- Skin on oily fish lend themselves perfectly to this form of cooking
- Prawns and firm white fish fillets work if marinated in an oil rich marinade. These need to be basted regularly
- Do not slash the skin as it protects the fish
- Make sure the Barbecue is not too hot
- Baste the seafood regularly
- Keep the skin on the fish.