- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make 3 diagonal slices about 1/2-inch deep on each side of the fish. Salt and olive oil the fish generously.
- Season the inside of the fish with salt and olive oil. Place 4 lemon slices, the bay leaves, a bundle of the mixed herbs and 2 of the garlic cloves inside the body cavity.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil and arrange the remaining assorted herbs, lemon slices and garlic in the center of the tray and lay the fish on top.
- Fold the aluminum foil up around the sides of the fish to create a sort of baking dish. Add the white wine and place in the preheated oven and roast until the fish is just cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, present and collect your kudos then fillet to serve.